About Carolina Catholic Professionals
The Carolina Catholic Professionals Planning Group began meeting in January 2017 with the goal to organize a group of Catholic professionals who would support one another and provide a network for faith sharing and service.
Who We Are
Carolina Catholic Professionals (CCP) is a membership organization associated with Lucis Via Charities, Inc., a Charleston-based 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. The board is drawn from the membership. Membership status is determined by the payment of annual dues. Members are men and women, young and old, individuals and organizations from the business and professional communities. Families are welcome.
We serve to share the Good News of the Gospel through word and works by defending the Magisterium of the Catholic Church, providing a spiritual refuge for Catholic Laity and Christian believers, encouraging a rigorous intellectual and Godly examination of ideas, and providing Christ-informed service and charity to the community.
Our motto is Humanitas Christi: Christ’s People. We are joined in communion through our shared Catholic Christian faith and our calling to bear witness to the Gospel in the way we live our lives. We are Christ’s people encountering the world.
CCP bears witness to the Gospel in the way we live by:
- Convening networking and fellowship meetings
- Hosting nationally and internationally recognized speakers
- Organizing opportunities to serve in faith
- Facilitating communication among our Catholic and Christian community
- Sharing our faith in Christ with each other and those we meet
- Defend the Magisterium of the Catholic Church and faithful believers in Christ
- Support and sustain the Catholic Laity and Christian believers in their daily encounter with the world
- Share faith in Christ through communication, teaching, and service
- Clayton Burrous, President, Sunbelt Gifts
- David Burt, LS3P Associates
- Tony Daniel, Treasurer (ex-officio), Vice President, Bank of North Carolina
- Frank Dirks, Financial Advisor, Millennium Private Wealth
- Deacon Andre Guillet (interim member), Director of the Office of the Permanent Diaconate for the Diocese of Charleston
- Jamiel Kadri, President, Fulcrum Staffing
- Sister Margaret Kerry, Daughters of Saint Paul
- Keelin Love, Associate, Lois Lane Properties
- Jennifer Metts, Business Manager, Meridian Energy & Environment, LLC
- Ericka Plater, Executive Director, Our Lady of Mercy Outreach
- Richard White, Manager, Trident Technical College